Deluxe Travel Health
Emergency travel health coverage for your trip.
Health expenses incurred outside of Manitoba are not fully covered by Manitoba Health, Healthy Living and Seniors.
A comprehensive Deluxe Travel Health Plan from Manitoba Blue Cross guards against financial loss due to unexpected emergency medical bills incurred beyond Manitoba borders.
This plan is right for you if:
- you are taking a single trip (if you are taking multiple trips throughout the year you may be interested in our Annual Travel Health Plan)
- you want emergency travel health coverage
Deluxe Travel Health Benefits
Deluxe Travel Health Eligibility
Residents of Manitoba registered with and entitled to benefits from Manitoba Health, Healthy Living and Seniors are eligible.
Coverage must be applied for prior to date of departure and be for the entire duration of the trip outside of Manitoba/Canada.
- You are not eligible for coverage if you are travelling against medical advice or if you are travelling for the purpose of seeking medical or hospital services of any kind.
- If you are 55 years of age or older and answer yes to any of the medical questions, or choose to bypass the medical questions, a pre-existing condition clause will apply.
- If you are 75 years of age or older a pre-existing condition clause will apply.
- Coverage for trips in excess of 32 days cannot be purchased more than 30 days in advance.
Deluxe Travel Health Refunds
- A complete refund is available if your entire trip is cancelled and Manitoba Blue Cross or an authorized agent is notified prior to your date of departure.
- A partial refund will be calculated based on categories of time from the date notification is received by Manitoba Blue Cross or an authorized agent.
- No refund is available if a claim was incurred during your orginal term of coverage or if your policy has been extended.
Deluxe Travel Health Extensions
Is the original term of your policy no longer sufficient?
You may extend the duration of your original policy if:
- Medical attention has not been received during initial term.
- A claim has not been incurred during the initial term.
- You request the extension prior to the expiry date of your policy.
- The extension is for all benefits purchased on the original policy.
Your original policy plus the extension cannot exceed:
- Under Age 55 - 183 days
- Age 55 to 74 (no pre-existing conditions) - 183 days
- Age 55 to 74 (with pre-existing conditions) - 62 days
- Age 75 & Over - 62 days
* At no extra cost, Deluxe Travel Health will be extended for up to 72 hours after the scheduled return date in the following circumstances.
- If due to a medical emergency you are hospitalized on your last day of coverage (as determined by the terms of your Travel Plans Application), your benefits will remain in force throughout the period of hospitalization, plus 72 hours following your discharge from hospital.
- For trips less than 32 days, the automatic extension applies only if your return is delayed due to the fault of the carrier in which you are a fare-paying passenger. A claim under this benefit must be supported by a letter from the transportation authority confirming the period of delay.
- For trips of more than 32 days, the automatic extension applies regardless of the reason for the delay.
If you've opted to include the Travel Accident Plan on your Deluxe Travel Health Plan, the term of coverage must be the same on both plans including any extensions. Contact Manitoba Blue Cross or an authorized agent for further information or to make the necessary arrangements.