Travel Health Benefit Information
Travel Health Benefits are covered to a maximum of $5,000,000 per person, per claim to a lifetime maximum of $5,000,000 per person.
The following Travel Health Benefits are applicable to sudden, unexpected and unforeseen emergency treatment only.
- Hospital in-patient and out-patient coverage.
- Medical and surgical coverage.
- Ambulance coverage.
- Coverage for emergency evacuation from a mountain, body of water or other remote location, by a commercial operator licensed to convey passengers when a regular ambulance service cannot be used, to a maximum of $5,000 per person.
- Economy air transportation home by stretcher.
- Dental care to natural teeth when necessitated by a direct accidental blow to the mouth. Maximum coverage $3,000 per accident.
- Emergency relief of dental pain to a maximum of $300.
- Up to $7,500 towards the cost of transporting the deceased home, or up to $5,000 for cremation or burial at place of death.
- Private duty nursing.
- Additional board and lodging expenses incurred beyond the original duration of your trip by a relative or friend covered by a Manitoba Blue Cross Travel Health Plan remaining with you during your hospitalization.
- Coverage for transportation to your bedside, while you are confined to hospital for at least three days outside of Manitoba. Transportation coverage also allowed for a family member to identify the deceased prior to release of the body, if required by law. Coverage includes round-trip economy airfare on a commercial flight via the most direct cost-effective route from Canada to the place where the illness or accident occurred.
- Coverage for commercial accommodations and meals for a person travelling to the bedside or travelling to identify a deceased family member to a combined maximum of $200 per day to a maximum benefit payment of $2,500.
- Physiotherapy provided in a hospital.
- Chiropractic and/or podiatrist services.
- Prescription drugs.
- Repair or replacement of prescription eyeglasses or contact lens or lenses due to accident or injury to a maximum of $100.
- An allowance of $40 per day for each day you are hospitalized. Maximum coverage $1,000.
- Return of your vehicle if you are unable to drive, to a maximum of $4,000.
- Medical evacuation to a hospital in Canada. Prior approval must be obtained from Manitoba Blue Cross.
- Additional cost, of the most direct return economy flight to Manitoba from the place where you were hospitalized, including the cost of return economy flight for a nurse if nursing care is required during your flight home. This benefit is also available to your family (applicant, spouse and dependent children) or one friend who is also covered by a Manitoba Blue Cross travel health policy travelling with you at the time of injury or onset of illness.
- Additional cost of return economy airfare for an escort to accompany your children (up to 18 years) to Manitoba in the event you have been air evacuated to Canada for medical reasons.
- Coverage up to a combined maximum of up to $500 per pet for:
- Commercial kennel or cost of returning an accompanying pet to your home city in Manitoba in the event you are hospitalized for a minimum of three days as an in-patient.
- Emergency veterinary care due to an unexpected injury of accompanying pet.
- International Travel Assistance: the provision of 24 hour worldwide assistance for medical situations arising out of emergency illness or accident requiring hospitalization or medical treatment.
The information on this page is for reference only. For complete coverage details, please refer to the Terms and Provisions. In the event of any difference between the terms here and those of the Terms and Provisions, the terms of the provisions shall prevail.