Manitoba Blue Cross, a great place to work!
Manitoba Blue Cross is mid-sized company where individuals are treated with dignity and respect. As the province's leading provider of supplementary health plans, we maintain a caring culture that focuses on employee satisfaction, development, diversity, growth, and commitment.
Operated by Manitobans for Manitobans, it is our philosophy that our workforce should reflect the people we serve. So, we work hard to reflect the Manitoba spirit of caring and concern for others. We take pride in the fact that our workplace has been recognized, year after year, as one of the best places to work in Manitoba — a distinction we believe transfers directly into better service for our members and clients.
Centrally located next to two major commuter routes and public transit, our location offers employees access to many nearby amenities, including Polo Park shopping mall, Mineral Oasis Spa, Cineplex movie theatres, and a variety of restaurants — all within walking distance.
Views from the building overlook Omand's Creek Greenway and Bluestem Nature Park, which provide several walking trails for exercise on breaks. A private picnic area at the back of the building, a common gathering place for company barbeques, supplies plenty of seating for those who wish to enjoy their lunch outdoors.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, you are valued and recognized for your contributions, supported in your efforts to maintain a healthy work-life balance, and given a wide range of career development and growth opportunities.
Ranked once again as one of Manitoba's Top Employers, we offer:
- work-life balance through formal earned days off, telecommuting, shortened or compressed work week options, and flexible hours
- career development opportunities with onsite training programs, tuition subsidies, and financial incentives
- an onsite Employee Assistance Centre
- a monthly transportation allowance
- a fully-equipped fitness centre to which employees and family members receive free membership
- instructor-led fitness classes such as yoga and boot camp during lunch hours and after work
- onsite change rooms with lockers and universally-accessible showers
- a generous company-matched pension plan
- quiet rooms for rest and restoration
- ergonomic assessments to ensure workstations are adapted to each employee's individual needs
- an employee lounge with a pool table, foosball table, board games, and a large screen TV
- promotion of social responsibility through charitable activities
- an affordable self-serve Blue Café with fresh and nutritious food options, open 24 hours a day
- three weeks vacation after one year of service increasing to six weeks, with bonus allocations at 30 and 35 years
- We also offer a competitive base salary and superior benefits package that includes:
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Ambulance/Hospital (100%)
- Critical Illness Coverage
- Dental (100% for both Basic and Major)
- Emergency Travel Health plus Trip Cancellation (100%)
- Employee Assistance
- Extended Health plus Vision (100%)
- Health Spending Account
- Life and Dependent Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability programs
If you would like to be part of a healthy, caring, and respectful workplace, apply now!
Manitoba Blue Cross was born out of a desire to protect our fellow Manitobans during life's most unexpected and sometimes challenging moments. This remains our driving force today, and fuels our ongoing commitment to providing superior health and wellness benefits that are delivered with compassion and excellence in service.
As an independent and not for profit organization for over 40 years, we provide health, dental, employee assistance, disability, travel and life coverage to over half a million Manitobans.
At Manitoba Blue Cross, our people are the key to our success! Consider becoming part of our team of professionals committed to providing exceptional customer service.
Join us as we serve our neighbours to support our community.