Leading organizations know that people are their most valuable asset. A growing, competitive company depends on the vitality and effectiveness of its employees. When employees are healthy and focused, they are more productive. Investing in workplace health can also help your organization:
- decrease absenteeism
- reduce accidents and disability rates
- improve productivity
- reduce health insurance claims
- enhance job satisfaction
- improve company image
Let us help you achieve your organization's optimum health.
Employee Assistance Services
Whether it's a Ph.D-trained counsellor, a Registered Clinical Psychologist, addictions counsellor, or other EAP professional, our intake team will ensure your employees get the help they need.
Counselling Services (in-person or online)
Coverage provides comprehensive problem assessment and short-term counselling. Choose from:
- Family Concerns/Parenting
- Emotional/Behavioural Concerns
- Addictions (drug, alcohol, and gambling)
- Occupational Stress/Adjustment
- Depression/Mental Health
- Trauma/Critical Incident
- Domestic Violence/Abuse
- Conflict Resolution
All counselling is structured, goal-oriented, and time-limited with an emphasis on restoring function. To accommodate work schedules and concerns about confidentiality, we provide flexible scheduling. Appointments can be scheduled for evenings or weekends. Email counselling is also available via our online portal Let's Talk.
Work-Life support includes supplementary counselling such as:
- Financial (Budgeting, Financial Crisis)
Personal Wellness Services
Available health assessments include:
- Weight Loss
- Smoking Cessation
- Nutritional Counselling
Specialized services include access to psychiatric consultation through the Employee Assistance Centre.
Addictions Management Program
Employees and their family members have access to the Blue Cross Addictions Management Program through the Employee Assistance Centre.
This confidential program provides assessment, treatment, and follow-through for alcohol, drug, and other addictions via individual counselling and group treatment. We specialize in addictions complicated by depression, panic and anxiety, family dynamics, abuse, and stress.
From consultation and trauma response to mediation and wellness programs delivered at your place of business, our EAP team will ensure your organization remains healthy.
Consultation is available to management and labour when personal problems impact job performance. Our team can assist with constructive intervention, the referral process, and employee reintegration. We'll work collaboratively with your staff (and within the framework of your company's culture, policies, and procedures) to help clarify and resolve issues.
Consultation is also available for critical events such as pandemic, disaster planning, work stoppage, etc.
Trauma/Critical Incident Response
Your company has 24/7 access to our dedicated team of highly trained critical incident counsellors on a fee-for-service basis. In the event of a critical event (robbery, industrial accident, etc.), counsellors can be deployed to provide onsite group debriefing to employees. Arrangements can also be made for referral and/or further treatment by one of our counsellors when needed.
We offer a range of conflict resolution services (from facilitation to team building workshops) to assist managers in resolving interpersonal conflict between co-workers or employee/supervisor.
Mediation is also available for groups where unresolved differences inhibit productive relationships and performance.
As an additional resource to your organization, our EAP can deliver educational be enlightened workshops to your organization. Workshops are offered by our professional provider network and include such topics as Managing Blended Families, Retirement Planning, Positive Parenting, Fostering a Respectful Workplace, and more. View current workshops
Group Wellness Services
Our comprehensive wellness programs give employers powerful tools to help employees make healthier lifestyle choices. Offered on a fee-for-service basis, our programs move beyond awareness/education to promote behaviour and lifestyle change.
Sample programs include: Health Clinic, Healthy Weight Program, and Nutrition at Work.
My Good Health
With EAP, your employees and their family members also gain access to our interactive site My Good Health that is loaded with resources and tools to help employees understand and improve their overall health. Your employees will have access to:
- comprehensive health information on medications and natural health products
- detailed explanations of conditions, diseases, medical tests, and procedures
- guides and screening tools
- monthly e-newsletters
- individually tailored programs
- a community support directory
- interactive decision support calculators
An online health risk assessment allows employees to build a personal health profile that evaluates current health and identifies risk. Once complete, employees receive an easy-to-understand report that shows where they are doing well, how ready they are for change, and where they can take action. Employees are empowered to make changes and take control of their health and lifestyle choices.
An ongoing communications program is key to helping employees understand the benefits of the Employee Assistance Program. Your organization will receive posters as well as our quarterly newsletter, EAP Updater, at no additional cost.
We offer a host of resources to support the EA Program ranging from online tools to communication materials
Self Management Materials
With the aid of self-help workbooks or websites individuals can learn and apply the skills and knowledge necessary to manage their health concerns on a day-to-day basis. Those covered by the EAP with Manitoba Blue Cross may choose to access counsellors as part of a supported self management program.
- The Consortium for Organizational Mental Healthcare offers a free self-care workbook, Antidepressant Skills Workbook, which gives an overview of depression, explains how it can be effectively managed, and gives a step-by-step guide to changing patterns that trigger depression.
- HeretoHelp aims to help people live well and better prevent and manage mental health and substance use problems.
Note: for most people with serious depression, use of a self-help guide alone will not be sufficient to resolve the depression. People with major depression should obtain treatment with antidepressant medication or Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. We encourage you to speak to your doctor about which method is best for you.
Our secure website gives Blue Cross members the ability to look up benefit information at any time. It also provides access to our interactive site My Good Health and allows members to print and order new ID cards free-of-charge when lost or misplaced.
Why Choose Us
Our groundbreaking Employee Assistance Program (EAP) will provide your business with the complete health and wellness package. Our EAP is:
- One of a kind — First and only program in Canada with an onsite EA Centre
- Comprehensive — Exclusive network of multidisciplinary providers spanning the province
- Highly qualified — Ph.D Clinical Psychologists and MMFT Masters of Marriage and Family Therapists to MSW Social Work Clinicians, Addiction Specialists, and more
- Experienced — 20+ years of clinical experience amongst most counsellors
- Culturally responsive — Diverse group of providers including Aboriginal counsellors and a dedicated Aboriginal Resource Consultant
- Specialized — Psychiatric consultation and addictions treatment services available
- Available — Intake is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, in over 150 languages
- Accessible — An onsite EA Centre located right in Winnipeg, a network of providers across 23 rural and northern communities, plus online services such as email counselling and interactive video conferencing
- Flexible — Evenings or weekend appointments available with no waiting lists so employees get the help they need, when they need it