Plans for 10+ Employees
An effective benefits plan can go a long way towards helping you attract and retain valuable employees. If you have 10 or more employees, we can tailor coverage to your requirements allowing you to choose the benefits that best meet the needs of your organization. Our plans are complete, flexible, and affordable. Plus, you'll get access to our easy-to-use plan administrator site.
Right for you if:
- your business has 10 or more employees
- you want a benefits plan that is tailored to your needs
- you want statistical reports for plan analysis
- you want easy-to-use online plan administration tools
We offer a wide selection of products and flexibility for customization. Start with core coverage then choose the benefits that meet the needs of your workforce.
Core coverage includes:
Life Insurance provides employees with peace of mind knowing they are protected through life's most difficult times. Help employees feel secure by ensuring their families can be taken care of financially in the event of an untimely death. Our plans offer the flexibility of a wide range of coverage amounts to suit your group's specific needs.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Accidents happen. In the event of an unfortunate death or the complete or partial or loss of a limb (including feet or fingers), Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage can provide financial support to employees and their loved ones. AD&D coverage includes repatriation, home alterations, vehicle modifications, education for dependent children, and occupational training for the Spouse.
Then add any of the following plans:
Ambulance/Hospital, Extended Health, and Vision (Eye Examinations)
Many Manitobans don't realize that Ambulance transport is not covered by Manitoba Health. Under our Ambulance/Hospital plan, employees are covered for ambulance and stretcher service, as well as hospital and medical hostel accommodation. Our plan also includes a unique Treat No Transport provision, which covers charges when an ambulance is called and treatment occurs on-site. With a Manitoba Blue Cross plan, employees and dependents only have to present their Blue Cross card. No need to pay out of pocket. We've made the claims process as convenient and hassle-free as possible.
Our Extended Health plan is specifically designed to supplement government health plans by providing coverage for paramedical practitioners (e.g. physiotherapists, clinical psychologists, chiropractors, etc.), medical equipment and supplies, hearing aids, and private duty nursing. It also includes prescription drug coverage, which we've integrated with the provincial drug program (Manitoba Pharmacare's formulary) to keep drug costs low and promote stable renewals. Employees will appreciate our convenient claims process. We have arrangements with many service providers (such as chiropractors and physiotherapists, etc.) for direct reimbursement and our BlueNet card allows point-of-sale processing right at the pharmacy.
Vision coverage is a valuable component to any group benefit plan. With our basic Vision plan, your employees will have coverage for eye exams. They will also enjoy a convenient and hassle-free claims process. Manitoba Blue Cross reimburses vision providers directly. Employees may also submit eye exam claims electronically through mybluecross for immediate processing.
Dental coverage is a cornerstone to any group benefit plan and a powerful incentive to attract and retain employees. Our Dental plans are the most recognized and user-friendly in the province. Manitoba Blue Cross is unique in that our standard plans do not contain a Missing Tooth Exclusion. As well, our coverage includes specialist fee guides.
Manitoba Blue Cross offers a variety of coverage levels and maximums and we will work with you to tailor a dental plan that meets the needs of your organization. Choose from Basic services (exams, cleanings, fillings, gum surgery, etc.), Major services (crowns, bridges, dentures, etc.), and Orthodontic services (treatment to straighten teeth and align the bite).
Our Employee Assistance plan is available to groups of 15 or more and provides direct access to professional, confidential counselling services. These services are designed to assist employees and their families to enhance their health and well-being and to deal with personal concerns affecting work performance, self-management, and life.
Health Spending Account
Available to groups of all sizes, a Health Spending Account (HSA) is an easy way to offer flexible coverage to employees, while controlling cost. Employers allocate HSA credits to each plan member's account every year, and employees use the allocated credits as needed. Eligible expenses include any incurred health or dental expenses considered tax deductible by the Canada Revenue Agency. This includes deductible and co-insurance amounts, in addition to any expenses not fully covered by another plan.
Dependent Life Insurance
Dependent Life Insurance provides employees with peace of mind knowing they are protected through life's most difficult times. Dependent Life Insurance covers spouses and dependent children, providing financial support to employees and their families in the event of a tragedy. This benefit is paid in a flat amount, regardless of cause of death.
Short Term Disability
When your employees are unable to work due to an accident or illness, our Short Term Disability benefit will help cover lost wages until they are able to return to work. To help ease the transition back into the workplace, we provide an excellent in-house Disability Management Program that will work with employers, employees and health care providers to ensure a return to work is done safely and appropriately.
Long Term Disability
When employees require a lengthier recovery time, our Long Term Disability benefit will help cover lost wages until they reach age 65 or are able to return to work. To help ease the transition following a longer absence, we provide an excellent in-house Disability Management Program that will work with employers, employees, and health care providers to ensure a return to work is done safely and appropriately.
In addition to the traditional disability coverage, we also offer a Long Term Disability top-up to impaired employees, a benefit exclusive to Manitoba Blue Cross.
Critical Illness coverage protects employees against the financial impact of unexpected events and puts cash in hand for extra expenses associated with a critical condition. Unlike disability insurance (that provides partial income replacement), Critical Illness provides a lump sum payment regardless of expenses incurred or the ability to work. There are no restrictions on how the benefit is used — for example, medical treatment, home renovations or private duty nursing.
Available enhancements (if selecting the Ambulance Hospital, Extended Health, and Vision plan):
Our Vision Care plan provides coverage for vision aids such as glasses, contacts, or laser eye surgery. We offer various maximums and will work with you to tailor a vision care plan that meets the needs of your organization. Employees will appreciate our convenient claims process. Whenever possible, Manitoba Blue Cross will reimburse Vision providers directly. Employees may also submit vision claims online through mybluecross for immediate processing.
Group Travel Health
Manitoba Blue Cross is highly regarded in the province for its extensive Group Travel Health coverage. Our group coverage is as robust as our individual plans, offering travel health coverage to employees requiring emergency care outside of their home province.
We offer several group benefits that are exclusive to Manitoba Blue Cross; including: emergency evacuation, emergency relief of dental pain, emergency veterinary care for an injured pet, return of pet, repair or replacement of eyeglasses, and a hospital in-patient allowance. Additionally, we offer higher maximums on a number of benefits, including accommodation and meals for a bedside companion, travelling to identify deceased, return of vehicle, and repatriation.
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Encourage healthy living by providing employees with coverage for Smoking Cessation products such as nicotine replacement therapy patches and oral medications. By simply giving up smoking, your employees can stay healthy — and take a big burden off the health care system and your group plan, resulting in an excellent return on investment.
Why Choose Manitoba Blue Cross?
- Manitoban's #1 choice for coverage — We cover half of all Manitobans. That's more Manitobans than any other carrier.
- Not-for-profit — We serve stakeholders, not stockholders. That means every dollar made is reinvested back into our infrastructure, our people, and our province.
- Most recognized and trusted name in health coverage — We are part of a trusted network whose products are backed by a brand name recognized around the world.
- EAP Innovators — Our groundbreaking Employee Assistance program is the first of its kind in Canada. We are the only benefits provider in Canada with an onsite EA centre. Moreover, we have the largest and most diverse network of professionals in Manitoba.
Benefits for Employers:
- Made-in-Manitoba — Because we're Manitoban, we are keenly attuned to what's happening in the province and have insider knowledge about the people we serve.
- Aligned with Manitoba Pharmacare — We follow Manitoba's formulary which keeps drug costs low and promotes stable renewals.
- Cost-effective — We provide statistical reports to help analyze your plan, helping you make informed decisions.
- Easy-to-use — We provide businesses with access to an easy-to-use group administration site. Enroll, update, or terminate employees at any time. Request supplies. Print or download billing statements.
Benefits for Employees:
- Accessible — We have an award-winning call centre and walk-in customer service centre, located right here in Manitoba. Plus, our members have 24/7 access to claim and benefit information via mybluecross.
- Convenient — Our BlueNet card allows point-of-sale processing right at the pharmacy. Plus, we've made arrangements with many service providers to reimburse directly - from physiotherapists, dentists, and chiropractors to ambulance companies, vision providers, hospitals, and more. Assignment of Payment means members don't have to pay out-of-pocket and wait for reimbursement.
- Unique — We offer unique benefits - from foot care nurse and athletic therapy coverage to hostel care and treat no transport ambulance service. We're also one of the only carriers in the province to provide reimbursement for cardiac rehabilitation.
- Blue Advantage — All members of Blue Cross get exclusive discounts on products and services offered by participating providers.